Sometimes we just get some terrible bouts of luck that just needs to end and go away. This spell will help you do just that.
Why’s so much of this spell optional? Because of the structure of the spell, you have to breath, blow out, and relight the candle. That can be distressing if one has sensitivities to scents or smoke. So the scent aspect of this spell is optional but recommended.
What you’ll need:
- Candle. A smaller red, white, gold, or black candle is suggested.
- Incense or aromatherapy oils in cleansing or comforting scents (optional)
- Powdered good luck herbs (optional)
- Good Luck dressing/ anointing oil (optional)
Get your candle and charge it with intent or visualize you goal. Alternative, just tell the candle what you want to happen or carve it into the wax. Dress the candle in good luck oil and/or good luck herbs. This depends on your personal practice and if there’s enough space on the candle to even carve things into.
If you’re using aromatherapy or incense during this spell casting, it’s recommended that you start with a cleansing scent and during the break in the spell, start a comforting scent.
Light your candle and chant:
Trouble has come my way, Bad luck and bad times are bad friends I turn them away. Unwelcomed and unwanted, I break this cycle now.
Blow out the candle. Take a deep breath and release it. Switch to any any comforting scents you wish to use now. Take some time to reflect that the bad luck’s gone now. Once ready, light the candle again, saying the following:
With this new flame, I bring good luck into my life Good things, beneficial things, will and are happening And when this candle died, my good luck will live on
Let the candle burn out.
- Cleansing scents might be mint, citrus, sage, etc but comforting scents might might pumpkin, vanilla, or apple.
- Short list of good luck herbs: Cinquefoil (five finger grass), clover, good luck iron cross, basil, allspice, cloves, ginger, wintergreen berries, star anise, bay, cinnamon, chamomile, mint, peppermint, or spearmint.
- Your good luck dressing / anointing oil could be any recipe. I make up my own. You can simply soak some good luck herbs in oil for a few weeks or simmer them on the stove for a few hours in oil.
- Please use fire safety! Use small candles to shorten wait times when you’re waiting for candles to burn down. Don’t set yourself, your home, your loved ones, or a forest on fire.