This is a spell for protecting children and it’s also a threshold spell.
Specifically, this spell has been designed and relying upon there being a physical threshold into the child’s domain (their bedroom or playroom, for example). This space can be shared by children, but ideally isn’t shared by an adult. An adult may enter the space, but they don’t spend a considerable amount of time there by themselves doing much more than chores or what-have-you.
For the purposes of this spell, the word “threshold” to mean the opening you use to enter the room. In actual architecture, the “threshold” is the bottom piece of the door that runs along the floor, hiding the gaps between flooring, adding stability to the door, and helping block out the elements. Usually, this is a door’s wooden framing or casement around it. It might be known to you as a doorway, door jamb, or lintel (which is actually a specific part of a door’s framing). But this spell doesn’t actually require the room to have a door frame or door, just an opening that separates the child’s room from the rest of the living space.
What you’ll need:
- Cleansing water
- Moon water
- Sun water
- Sea salt water (see notes)
First, wash down and clean the doorway and door of the child’s room with your preferred cleaning agent that’s safe for that surface.
You’ll also want to test in an inconspicuous area whether or not the waters we use in this spell can damage or stain the paint or varnish on the threshold.
Wipe down the threshold again with a cleansing water. You can also use smoke cleansing or sound cleansing, if you prefer or add to the cleansing procedure. Your choice here.
In a clean jar or bowl, mix together the sun and moon water. Stir the waters together and say,
"This child is protected by sunlight. This child is protected by moonlight. This child is blessed by the sun and moon, This child is protected under their watchful eye, Guarded and nurtured by their gentle, parental eye."
Now add in the salt water to the bowl.
"Protected by salt and water, this child is safe from all harm."
Now wash the threshold with the water. You can repeat the verbal clause of the spell again as you wash the threshold, if you like.
Every time the child goes through the threshold, they will receive protection. Renew annually or after cleaning or repainting the area.
- “Child” can be swapped for “children”. It can also be used for anyone, regardless of age, so long as you consider updating the wording as needed.
- Sea salt water can be water harvested from the ocean then purified to remove debris or you can dissolve sea salt in regular water and use that.
- If you do use the ocean water, you can add a line of the child being protected by the ocean too.
- For varnish cleansing water, 1 cup water and a drop or two or lemon essential oil. Enchant for cleansing while you mix the water. Dry completely after washing. Remember to test in a inconspicuous area first.
- For painted walls or wood cleansing water, 3 cups water and half a spoonful of white vinegar. Let air until the vinegar scent has dissipated and add a drop or two of rosemary or sage infused water . Enchant for cleansing while you mix the water. Dry completely after washing. Remember to test in a inconspicuous area first.
- Moon water is water that is infused by moonlight. Set a covered jar of water under the light of a full moon for at least an hour.
- Sun water is water that is infused by sunlight. Set a covered jar of water in a sunny spot on a very bright, sunny day for at least an hour.