A super fast knot spell for good luck.
- Find yourself some red, white, yellow/gold, blue, and green string (or ribbon, yarn, embroidery thread, whatever).
- Cut them into about 10 inch pieces. Ideally, the string should wrap around your wrist or ankle plus 2-3 inches, depending on the thickness of your knotting material. So 10 inches might be too much. Try to overestimate rather than underestimate.
- Hold the threads together and make a knot with all of them saying/thinking/etc. “With this knot the spell’s begun”
- Make a knot in the red string. “This knot is for luck.”
- Make a knot in the yellow/gold string. “This knot is for wealth and prosperity.”
- Make a knot in the blue string “This knot is for protection”
- Make a knot in the green string. “This knot is for growth.”
- Make a knot in the white string. “This knot is for preservation.”
- Knot all the threads together. “And this knot is to bring it all together and bring this lucky boon to me.”
- Then tie the cord around your wrist or ankle. Or you can carry it with you.
Ideally, you should be envisioning your intent while doing the spell but I’ve done this spell drunk at a bar with zero envisioning and only white packing twine and it worked great.
Originally posted over on tumblr here.