This jar spell is meant to attract affection and/or romance. It can be used to bring willing romantic partners to you or encourage new friends or better family relations. The best part of this jar spell? It can sit right out in the open and, depending on the ingredients, can be a long-term sustained spell.
What you’ll need:
- A jar, bottle, or some other clear container that can seal (A mason jar, pickle jar, water bottle, etc.)
- Herbs & ingredients for your purpose (see below)
- Key items you associate with your purpose (A friendship bracelet to rekindle a friendship long past, a business card from a place you’d like to hang out in with your new friends, a rose for romance, photo of your family to boost happy home spells, quartz for more power, etc)
- Key ingredients for what you want to happen (Coffee so you go out on coffee dates, coaster from a club you’d like to go to with new friends, etc.)
- Filler such as sand, corn flour, ashes, saw dust, sugar, etc. (optional)
- Funnel for pouring ingredients (optional)
Herbs and ingredients to use will depend largely on your personal practice and paradigm. Select items that has some sort of folkloric meaning akin to your purpose or that item reminds you of friendship or love.
Here’s a short list for romance:
- chocolate or cocoa
A short list for friendship:
Filler ingredients are good for people who want a full-looking jar and don’t have enough ingredients to add to the jar or want to hide ingredients from view. I’d recommend picking a filler that means something to you. I’d pick sand, for example, but you might pick campfire ash so you can find camping buddies, or sugar to sweeten current friendships and find new non-toxic friends.
- Cleanse your jar and empower it with your purpose. This mean you can add energy to it, tell it your purpose in a couplet or verbally, or hold the jar and envision the future you want this jar to help you achieve happening now.
- Gather all your ingredients together and layer them in the jar however you wish. Be as artful or not as you like. As you add them, you can say either verbally or in your head what you’re adding them to the jar for.
- Once you’ve run out of ingredients or you’re happy with the jar, go ahead and close it up.
- This spell will work best if you carefully think about your purpose before casting the spell and use care in picking your ingredients.
- Many jar spells require shaking to “wake up” or empower the spell. This one doesn’t but you can shake it if you want.
- You can add ingredients whenever you want but don’t take out an ingredient.
- If you do, just scrap the whole jar and start again. If your ingredients start to get moldy, toss them, wash the jar out (boiling water, soap and water, salt water, or vinegar in any combination.)
- When you want the spell to end, just toss the ingredients (don’t bury them) and wash the jar out.
That’s it! Happy casting!