Pissed at your neighbors? Do the residents of the upstairs apartment hold band sessions at three in the morning? Or do you simply want to enchant a house, filling it with protective energies? Use a poppet house!
A poppet house works just like a human-shaped poppet. It’s sympathetic magic with the purpose of working as a surrogate for your house. What happens to the poppet happens to the target.
Here’s some ways to build a poppet house.
- A diorama or dollhouse
- Sketch out a blueprint or layout
- A photo collage
- Computer programs for home designers or video games like the Sims, Minecraft, or even Skyrim or Fallout 4
- Shadow box or a box in the shape of a house (example blow)
Once you have your poppet house established, you’ll need to connect your poppet house to your actual house.
This will vary depending on what you’re using as a poppet house. Generally speaking I recommend making a little charm bag full of the following and placing it next to or attached to the poppet house. For virtual proxies, stick the charm bag under or near the monitor or device.
When casting spells on the poppet house, hold the charm bag in your hands, stare at your image, and cast your spell.
Diorama’s or dollhouse have an advantage here as you can literally replicate whatever you use to connect your house to your poppet house.
Your charm bag could contain the following:
- Nails from the house
- Dirt from the house or yard
- Dust from the house
- Broken stone or wood from the house
- A picture of the house
- Bottle of water from the faucet
- Ashes from the hearth, fireplace, or fire pit.
- A realtor’s list of the house (# of rooms, types of rooms, general description)
See that house shaped shadow box on the wall above ^? Perfect for casting multiple little spells!
So what can you do with a poppet house? Anything! The list of what you can do is really endless.
- Draw sigils onto the walls to protect it
- Sprinkle healing water or oils to keep the residents healthy.
- Dust the house with cursing powder to hex neighbors
- Use symbols to encourage the residents to move
- Coat the home in basil to keep up a happy home and wealth
- Scatter magnetic sand on the model house of your dreams to bring it to you
- Pepper the house with lucky powder to increase your family luck
This is a great way of practicing low-key magic. Instead of cleansing your house physically, you can do it with the model house. It’s also a fantastic way of keeping up the spells of your home while you’re away or to cast spells for friends, family, or enemies far away.
Originally posted over on my tumblr.
2 thoughts on “How to Make a Poppet House”
Reblogged this on hocuspocus13 and commented:
Comments are closed.