Sometimes, you just need to keep your cool despite all the stress and annoyances in life. This potion can help you do just that.
- Open flame (see notes)
- 1 pint Purified water
- 3 parts Ginger
- 1 part Rosewater or Pink roses
- Pinch Allspice
- Pinch Betony
- Pinch Valerian
- Pinch Sage
Over an open flame, simmer all the ingredients together. Don’t allow to boil. Set aside and let cool to drinking temperature. You can serve over ice.
Taste-wise, this isn’t all that great. You may want to play around with the recipe a bit until you find something tasty.
- Ginger ale, candied ginger, or ginger beer can be exchanged for ginger
- Candied rose petals are a good alternative
- Valerian and sage can be omitted if desired. Betony is essential.
- You can make this in two parts, a tisane with allspice, betony, valerian, and sage followed by a rosewater and ginger shot. Or, you can drink the tisane and eat candied rose petals and candied ginger.
- Open flame is necessary for this specific potion. Stove top flame is perfect for this but you could heat this up over a candle or campfire stove.
- Remember fire safety!
Does this seem familiar? There’s a spell version of it!