Sometimes we get involved in situations that are so wildly out of our control that we’re holding on with the skin of our teeth. Stress and anxiety are constant companions and you just want t be safe and at peace.
This spell is for those times.
- A body of water hosting a spirit (see notes)
- A clipping of hair
- A small handful of elderberries
- A shiny coin
Once you’ve located the water in question, go to it under the light of a full moon. Look out onto the water’s stillness and wait until you feel the spirit’s presence.
Place your hair in front of you and ask the spirit for protection, serenity, and strength in the coming days. You’ll have to be sincere and heartfelt. Don’t offer reasons or explanations. Say as much or as little as you want.
If the spirit doesn’t attack or seem aggressive, throw the elderberries into the water. Wash your hands, face, and hair in the water. Bury the coin on the shore or beside the water.
You can leave right away or stay and look out at the stillness of the water until you’re ready to go.
- For this spell, use a lake, pond, or well. A slow moving river, creek , or stream could be used as well.
- The spirit in question must be a peaceful spirit. You’ll have to figure this out before you attempt this spell. The spirit should, ideally, haunt the body of water and is benevolent or pleasantly apathetic to you. Genus loci or nature spirits are usually perfect for this spell.
- Some bodies of water may not need to be haunted. If the water is considered sacred or holy in some fashion, that will work in place of a spirit.
- This spell works because you’re seeking a particular kind of blessing from the spirit or water itself.
- Alternatively, if you don’t want to wash your hands, face, and hair in the water use a clipping of your hair or fingernails instead. If you do this, make sure to take the clippings with you and carry them as a talisman.