I don’t know about you but I’m really happy to show 2017 to the door. I had a great year but it’s been SO FREAKIN’ BUSY. I’m so ready for a fresh start.
While I’ve spent the last few days finishing up business and setting up the things for next year. I figured set up a rock solid January rather than randomly posting throughout December.
Quickly, so you can get ready for your new year’s parties, here’s some highlights for 2017 for This Crooked Crown.
- Published my first novel Spirit Walker
- Published the free online sourced correspondence lists.
- Fantastic solar eclipse
- Won a Camp NaNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo (meaning I wrote two books)
- New eyeglasses & met some fitness goals
- Got a new monitor and hard drive for the shop
- Renovated my mom’s kitchen
- Had some really great spells, crafts, and baking results.
- Read so many books.
- Absolutely terrible year socially and politically in my part of the world. (Elsewhere wasn’t haven’t a fantastic time either)
- Broke my schedule for posting online
- Had to push back a major thing for the third time.
- Wasn’t able to put out a few projects I wanted to complete.
So it’s actually been a pretty good year on the surface for me but there’s a lot of back end stuff that didn’t happen. That being said, I expect that 2018 will be far better as several projects are coming to fruition there.
Before you go, here’s some last minute witchy ideas to ring in the new year:
- Use a sugar or salt scrub to “wash away” the old year and enter the new year with “fresh skin”.
- Wear a color that represents what you want the new year to be like tonight. Wear sexy red pajamas to bring more sex or romance into your life. Wear black and blue to protect yourself or green and gold for wealth and prosperity.
- Make the first meal you have in 2018 something that you want to eat all year. So if you plan on hitting the gym, snag a celery stick instead of a chip for that first bite.
- Stir your drinks towards you to bring things towards you after midnight but stir away from you before midnight to send things away.
- Spend the first day of the new year how you want to spend the rest of the year, if you can.
- Set up full moon rituals in advance, rolling them together so each full moon has a little of that newness power to it. The first is also the first full moon of 2018.
- No special someone to kiss in the new year? Place that first kiss on a pet, platonic consenting friend, or on an idol for your deity or spirits.
- Ring a bell at midnight to dismiss the old year (and all its negativity) and bless the new year.
Happy new year! I’ll see you tomorrow in 2018!
3 thoughts on “Goodbye 2017!”
Hee hee, thanks for the prompt–I just kissed my favourite succulent plant!
I went around kissing my plants too! (Well, I kissed my fingers and put those fingers on the plant because pine trees and cacti are not pleasant to kiss lol)
LOL. Maybe you could kiss the pine bark? Yay for plant friends!
oh my gosh I should kiss my cubano oreganos and then I will smell DELIGHTFUL.
Comments are closed.