Welcome to 2018! How are you spending your first day of the new year?
I always spend my first week of the new year doing exactly what I want the rest of my year to be like. So the last days of the year are flurries to try and get stuff like laundry out of the way so I don’t have to do it often during the first week of the new year. Instead, I’ll spend time with my family, write, divine, visit spirits, and talk to friends. I’ll play video games, bake and cook, and work out. I make it a point to do the things I love and want to do more of during this time.
I have several goals for the new year, some of them more personal like baking and cooking more a week to more grand things like launching a witchcraft 101 course or publishing another novel.
Yeah, you read that right. A witchcraft 101 course and another novel. More on both of those at a later date.
Anyway, I’m not big on resolutions so I’ve started to pick words or themes to define my new year. For 2018, I’ve selected Empowerment. I don’t want opportunities handed to me, I want them to be forged. I want others to feel powerful and strong too. This is something I want to share with the world.
Empowerment also is a great word for witches because it indicates using magic to create our own future with our own hands. I want to do that with 2018. I want to make it my year because I have the power to do so.
If you want to make it your year, here’s a selection of spells you can use to do just that:
- A Cleansing Ritual For House & Home – A walking cleansing ritual for your house and physical spaces.
- A Petition Ritual for the New Year – To bring what you want to the new year from the spirits and elements around you.
- Basil, King of Herbs, Continuous Money Spell – A gardening spell that can be used to boost your financial growth for the length of the plant’s life.
- Begin Again– A spell and ritual that gives you a fresh, new start. We all need to hit the reset button sometimes.
- Cleansing & Cleaning 101 – Because cleaning is a form of cleansing too!
- Cleansing Yourself – Post on various methods to cleanse yourself from baneful energy, static energy, or other unwanted things.
- Enchanting Your Weight Loss – Some magical tips and spells to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Everyday Meditation for People Who Can’t Stay Still – A simple stretching and meditation technique for people who have restless minds or restless bodies.
- How to Get Started On A New Path – Starting a new path or renewing one you’re already one can be tricky. This post can help.
- Sand Trap Spell – A jar spell that can be used to “trap” energy. Adapted extensively from Scott Cunningham.
- New Year’s Resolutions and You – A list of things to do to empower your new year’s resolutions.
- Tarot Emulation Attraction Spell – Ever look at a tarot card and think “I wish I could be like this card?” Here’s how you can make that happen with a glamour spell.
- Uncrossing Oneself – Sometimes we repeat baneful or static patterns that are harmful to ourselves. Uncrossing is breaking that cycle.
- Wish Bringer, Bring Me A Wish – An all-purpose spell for wishes and dreams.
- Wishing Stone– A simple crystal spell to manifest long-term goals, dreams, and wishes.
- Witchcraft Checklist – A checklist for witches and magical practitioners to make sure you’re ready for the new year.
I hope your 2018 is a wonderful year filled with many great and wonderful things. Happy new year!